WordPress is a valuable tool that businesses can use to create a blog or even a website. However, the most basic version of WordPress doesn’t provide all of the features a business needs to create a fully functional website. In order to create a more advanced website, businesses can install some of the many plugins WordPress offers to increase functionality.
Beneficial WordPress Plugins
Some of the WordPress plugins that are most helpful for businesses include:
· Broken Link Checker: Checks the website for broken links and images.
· WordPress Live Chat: Adds a live chat box to the site that the business can use to communicate with users.
· WPtouch: Transforms a desktop website into a mobile version in a matter of minutes.
· 404 Redirected: Eliminates 404 pages from the website by redirecting users elsewhere when a page isn’t functioning properly or doesn’t exist.
· ShareBar: Incorporates a toolbar on the page that allows users to share content via social media websites.
· Contact Form 7: Allows users to contact the business using a simple online form.
· Ninja Pop-Ups: Allows a business to create its own pop-ups that will appear to users at times the business designates.
· Google Analytics: Keeps track of search traffic, page views and other valuable information the business can use to gauge the effectiveness of its website.
· Related Posts by Zementa: Places a footer on the webpage that directs users to related articles or pages on the site.
Are these Plugins Necessary?
The plugins listed above may not be appropriate for every business website. However, by incorporating a selection of these plugins, a business can transform a basic WordPress blog into a full-service website with a professional appeal. For example, the incorporation of WordPress Live Chat and Contact Form 7 make the site more engaging to users by encouraging them to connect directly with the company. Likewise, social plugins like ShareBar encourage users to share website content with friends, which increases their level of involvement and invites other users to visit the site. Furthermore, adding other plugins like Google Analytics allows the business to evaluate and increase its website traffic, while plugins like 404 Redirect and the Broken Link Checker can be used to prevent malfunctions and keep the site running smoothly.
The importance of a Good Foundation
Although adding these plugins to a website can increase its appeal to users, the site won’t be a success unless it’s built on a solid foundation. Websites that malfunction frequently become inaccessible on a regular basis or load slowly will drive users away before they have a chance to enjoy the benefits of any installed plugins. For this reason, it’s essential for businesses to choose a reputable Web hosting company capable of managing all of the site’s traffic with minimal downtime.
To thrive in today’s world, businesses need a high quality, professional website capable of answering users’ questions and encouraging them to connect with the company. By building a WordPress site on a solid foundation and adding the right plugins, businesses can enjoy all of the advantages of a full-service website.