Vellore Institute of Technology is one of the Premier Engineering Institutes located in the country. VIT has 5000 engineering seats available in its 15 B.Tech programs available at its Vellore and Chennai Campuses. Overall Vellore Institute of Technology offers 20 Undergraduate, 34 Postgraduate, 4 Integrated & 4 Research programs.
The admission to VIT is on the basis of its Engineering Entrance Examination known as VITEEE. The admission process for the academic session 2016-17 is already in progress and the last date to make application is February 29, 2016 and the candidates can select the date on which they will prefer to appear for the entrance exam out available options.
The details related to VITEEE and its slot booking, counseling processes are as follow:
- VITEEE Slot Booking:The slot booking for the computer based online entrance exam will commence in the month of March 2016. The candidates will get an email having the password which is to be used by the candidates to log in to their online account on VIT’s website and select the schedule as per their convenience.
- Selecting the Test center: The candidates are required tologin to their account and select a test center and an alternate test center on case slots are not available at the selected center.
- The responsibility of completing the online slot booking process within the stipulated time lies with the candidate.
- E-Admit Card: Once the online slot booking has been finished by the candidate, an e-admit card will be generated which needs to be printed and carried along by the candidate at the examination center.
- VITEEE Counseling: Shortlisting of the candidates for the counseling will be done on the basis of the All India Rank of the candidate.
- The details related to the schedule of the counseling will be available on the official website once the result has been declared.
- Candidates should physically report at the designated VIT Campus as per the counseling schedule.
- Documents Required: To participate in the counseling process, the candidates are required to carry with them the following documents:
- VIT Engineering Entrance Exam’s E-admit card and result copy
- Proof of Date of Birth – Class X Certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet
- Category Certificate or Nativity Certificate (to claim reservation benefits)
- Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000 (Advance Payment) and Rs. 21,000 (Hostel Admission) drawn in favor of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore.
- VIT Scholarship: Meritorious students appearing in the VITEEE examination will be awarded scholarship under GV School Development Programme.
- 100 percent fee waiver will be given to Central and State Board toppers for the entire duration of their degree program i.e. 4 years.
- Class 12 toppers from government schools in rural areas who appear for the VITEEE would be given 100 per cent tuition fee waiver and full exemption from hostel and mess fee.
For more information regarding VITEEE you can visit MotaChashma.com