Economic crisis isn’t a good thing and real estate bubble that periodically bursts may have bad implications for bad sellers. In this case, buyers tend to be selective with the type of house that they want to buy, while lenders are selective about people they want to lend money to. Loans for home improvements or home purchase are more difficult to obtain. It means that there will be fewer and fewer buyers in the market. Decline will continue to occur, until it hits rock bottom, until the market reaches basic demand for people who genuinely look for proper housing. In this situation, house prices will go down and the best thing we can to is to make our house more attractive to buyers. Even if we want to stay put, it is still a good time to improve the house, because prices for house construction materials are usually lower.
Here are things that we may want to consider:
- Build an extension: Extension is a good way to improve value of our home. We have the advantage of having bigger space. However, we could obtain proper valuation only if the extension is properly built. It means that the house extension must be safe structurally and it needs to comply with the planning and regulations. We don’t need to add a conservatory, if our budget is limited.
- Loft conversion: Some houses have decent-sized loft that are not completely used. It can be converted into a usable space for worthwhile measure. It is always an advantage to increase the overall available space in our home.
- Install well-fitted kitchen: Well-fitted kitchen is among priority that we should choose when planning to improve the house. In this case, it is a good idea to invest in well-equipped kitchen. It should become the food hub of our house and it can be a worthy attention for aesthetic and practical reasons.
- Decoration: First impression is critical if we do want to sell our house. Wear and tear on our floors, skirting boards, ceilings and walls need to be addressed. We can re-decorate and spruce up our house. This could add a lot of value of our home. We should be able to obtain breathe of really fresh air into our home. In this case, our house should appear inviting and pleasant to any buyer.
- Improve the garden: It is important for us to tidy up our garden and it is important for us to do enough makeover on the lawn. In this case, we should have the proper motivation and enough energy to do everything ourselves. If we can’t, it is worthwhile to ask the help if professional landscape designers and gardeners. In this case, we should make sure that we can produce the proper dramatic effects and we can achieve this quickly.
By adding the above details, we should be able to significantly improve the saleability of our house.