Summer vacation is a time to recharge your body and have a break, but not all people employ this system, few of them like to go on a long drive and enjoy even though it may seem to be hectic. Driving is always fun irrespective of the climate or the weather condition, if you have a good maintained car which will never let you down, in fact summer driving can be a fun. To make summer driving enjoyable and fun try out some of the following car driving tips:
1. Normally sleep is compromised for everything, whenever you are planning to go on a drive may be for a long drive the succeeding day, you need to have a sound sleep the previous night for at least 12 hours. This will make both your mind and body relaxed from the stress which you have been undergoing and make you body and mind fit for the next day’s journey. Driving while sleeping is a major threat for the driver and so to avoid this threat you need few hours of complete rest the prior day/night.
2. If you are planning to drive for a beach or resort or to any other place wherein you will be staying out in the hot sun for the whole day, you may tire out and get dehydrated and so you should not travel or drive immediately after you are done with this outing process as you may be weak and this will lead to a disaster.
3. Many people will tend to take up night journey to avoid the traffic congestion mainly when it is a long journey, but if you are planning for such night drive never drive for long hours continuously as this will make you feel drowsy instead take short car breaks frequently mainly if you were involved in vacation activities on the day of travel.
4. While driving concentrate on the road signs and concentrate on the road maps mainly if you are not used to that road topography or location, put the music system to an audible range and not to the fullest so that you can concentrate on the opposite vehicles movement and have track of your driving.
5. Before you start your trip check the vehicles parts and functioning, the braking system should be mainly checked as this is one part that may let you down, if your vehicle is equipped with best car accessories then there shouldn’t be any problem.
6. Driving can be fun only if you have a partner or companion beside you, this will make the driving short and you will not know the pressure of driving long also. And all the more if you are tired or have signs of fatigue the other person can become your switch driver.
7. Have a halt every hundred miles once or every two hours once this break is needed both for you and your vehicle.
8. Avoid alcohol, heavy foods and medications as these will impair your performance level and increase fatigue.
9. Above all adhere to the safety norms of the road and driving mainly when you are in the national highway, this will keep you away from road accidents.