What is Hemorrhoid?
It is the vascular structure in the human’s anal canal. Basically, they are cushion like structure made of complex tissues. Hemorrhoids are commonly known as piles. These vascular structures help the stool movement in their regular condition. Swelled structures cause piles. It is a very common disease. Almost 50-60% adults are suffering from this problem. There are two types of piles – internal and external. According to the type, the causes and symptoms differ. Normally the internal one is painless and bleeding occurs when the tissues are affected. For the external one, pain, regular bleeding, and swelling of the anal part are the common symptom.
What are the Causes?
The exact reason of piles is not detected yet. When the pressure on the abdomen increases it happens.
- Chronic constipation and diarrhea are the common causes of it. During these, you feel more stress on the particular region and extra pressure on the blood vessels of the anal system.
- In some cases, it may occur during pregnancy. In this situation, the fetus maintains a continuous pressure on the abdomen. In this stage, some hormonal changes also happen. Combining both of these the hemorrhoidal vessels got enlarged. The birth also increases the pressure. But this type of symptoms disappears after the delivery.
- Improper diet can cause the disease. We need a balanced diet including carbohydrates, protein, fat and dietary fibers. These dietary fibers help the bowel control and movement. If anyone takes fibers less than his/her body needs, piles may occur.
- A person may develop this disease due to issues related gene. The valves inside the hemorrhoidal veins are absent for them.
- Obesity is one of the main causes of this disease. Extra fat means imbalance inside the body. But only diet related obesity causes this disease.
- As people are getting aged they may develop the symptoms. During aging, our body decelerates. It causes slower blood flow to the anal system which can affect the total procedure.
- Prolonged sitting is one of the most common reasons of hemorrhoids. Both the sedentary and sitting for a long time in the toilet or during the work, the posture pressurizes the veins and the blood vessels of the rectum system. This may end up developing the acute symptoms.
- A chronic cough and the pelvic floor dysfunction are the other reasons of occurrence of this disease.
But each and every symptom occurs in the anal, does not end up with this disease.
Signs and Symptoms:
This may occur internally and externally both. You can observe different signs and symptoms for both of them.
Internal piles are normally painless. It can be identified with the presence of rectal bleeding. Otherwise, it is not visible from outside and damages deep within the rectum. During the bowel movement, it causes anal staining sometime. It is a serious condition. It pushes out the internal portion which ends up with Prolapsed or protruding symptoms which is exceptionally painful.
The external piles has an effect on under the anal skin. It is visible from outside. This type is more throbbing than that of the internal one. It affects the sensitive nerves from that region. But it is a very common scenario. Almost 70% of men and pregnant women suffer from this syndrome.