User experiences involve the user interactions with the user interface of a software product. Therefore, UI is the first priority for UX designers while developing a mobile application for your business or profession. The next things in the UX design are navigation for the user journey and conversion funnel to hit the goals of the app.
Without the excellent UX, the app success remains a nightmare. So, app development team always take care of UX as a prime concern. However, some common pitfalls in the UX design of an app can ruin the app success and abolish the reputation of app development team or the agency.
In due course, the following pitfalls have listed here to manage right from the beginning of the app development process. Those pitfalls are:
- UX design restricted up to UI design stage
- UX has nothing to do with target audience research prior to doing planning
- UI design is UX design and UI designer only responsible for UX designing
- Competitor analysis has no contribution to UX designing
- UX for RWD and app design is the same thing
- The app must have all possible bells & whistles
- UX testing should limit up to QA phase of app development
- Onboarding is not essential
The more detail is available on our blog “Beware of Common UX Pitfalls While Designing a Mobile App” and also you have open invitation to contact the UX evangelists at SysBunny to get direct guidance and quote for your mobile app development project for an excellent UX.