All India Institute of Medical Sciences is one of the top most medical institutes in India and it is a dream for every medical student to secure admission in the same. AIIMS is spread across six other places apart from the Nation’s capital Delhi, which is the most popular amongst all and is dedicated towards medical training and patient care. Thousands of aspirants are observed to seek AIIMS Preparation Coaching, to help them crack this.
AIIMS conducts MBBS entrance examination for the students who have successfully completed class 12 to get admission to UG medical program that is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
Each year, many students give entrance examination to get enrolled in AIIMS, making it one of the toughest medical exams. However, if you plan well in advance and prepare accordingly, it is easy to clear the exam for getting a seat in AIIMS. The candidates applying for the entrance examination have to ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria of AIIMS MBBS exam.
- The students applying should get at least 60% marks in their 12th standard and should be of minimum 17 years of age.
- Unlike other medical entrance exams, AIIMS entrance test is a computer based exam. It might seem difficult for many students but actually, the examination process is very simple and easy.
- The online exam is very convenient in many ways. There is a timer and a display of total number of questions attempted on the exam screen so that you can keep track on the time spent on a single question.
- The strategy is very important while attempting the questions so that you can attempt maximum right answers as well as attempt maximum questions. Now, talking about the question paper, it is divided into four sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General Knowledge + Reasoning. The first three sections carry 60 marks each and the fourth section carries 20 marks, totalling 200 marks. Have a sound strategy and attempt the sections accordingly.
Aspirants can consider conducting a trend analysis to see what the past year pattern of question papers have been. They can take mock exams and practice tips and tricks from past years under the guidance of experienced coaches, during the rigorous AIIMS Preparation
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test 2017 Paper Analysis
- AIIMS entrance exam for MBBS is tough every year and this year was no different.
- AIIMS MBBS entrance exam 2017 was found to be tougher than the previous year.
- Physics and Chemistry sections had both theoretical and numerical questions. Both the sections were tricky compared to other sections, while theGK section had questions from news and government schemes.
Students can brace themselves for all kinds of questions and the approach to the papers during mock examinations in AIIMS Preparation Coaching
Section Wise Analysis for 2017 Paper:
- Physics- The numerical questions were very lengthy and time-consuming. Most of the questions were from Electricity and Magnetism and Mechanics.
- Chemistry- The calculations in numerical questions were lengthy and Organic Chemistry was difficult of all.
- Biology- General Biology and Human Physiology dominated the Biology question paper.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test 2016 Paper Analysis
- In 2016, the Physics and Chemistry sections were reportedly tougher compared to Biology and GK+ Reasoning.
- Out of both, Physics was the toughest with both numerical and theoretical questions being hard. Few candidates said that the numerical questions from the Physics section were lengthy and time-consuming.
- Biology was easier than expected and GK consumed the least amount of time.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test 2015 Paper Analysis
- In 2015, the exam was conducted in 154 centres all over India. Overall, the difficulty level of the examination was hard.
- In that year too, Physics was the toughest section and Biology and GK was moderate.
- Most of the questions in Physics and Chemistry were Reason Assertion based and were tough to solve.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Test 2014 Paper Analysis
- In 2014, the overall paper was moderate but Physics and Chemistry were tougher. Biology and GK were easier and questions in Biology were derivative based and thus were easy to solve.
- Physics and Chemistry sections had Reason assertion based questions, which made them tougher to solve.
- In Physics, numeral based questions were hard while in Chemistry, the Organic Chemistry topic was tough.
With proper analysis of last year’s papers, you can get an idea of making a right strategy for the preparation. It is always better to give an equal importance to all the subjects. You can also decide on which topics you want to concentrate more on seeing the previous question papers. Taking mock tests will help you to analyse yourself that will give an area of weakness so that you can concentrate more on that. You could do this during AIIMS Preparation Coaching.