The Aortic valve replacement cost in India works out to be the lowest in the world. But before we go ahead one needs to understand what the process is all about. Here in this process, the damaged valve of the heart is being replaced with an animal or mechanical valve. With the new valve, the symptoms of pain and breathing problems are going to be a thing of the past.
The mechanical valves are embedded in such a manner as it tends to over last the patient. It is stress tested and it could serve the patient for hundreds of years. Though in most times they tend to be long lasting and only a single surgery was needed. But with such a valve replacement blood clotting could arise as well. For this reason, you would need to take blood-thinning medicines throughout the course of your life and that could lead to an increase in bleeding.
Animal tissues are incorporated into the animals. They are treated so as to prevent any form of rejection. But there are various alternatives to it and in some cases, you can incorporate a homograft. They are donated and then harvested once a patient is no longer alive. This is followed by another process referred to as the Ross procedure. During the course of the procedure, the aortic valve is being removed and then replaced by the own pulmonary valve of the patient. You take it from the cadaver and then it goes on to replace the pulmonary valve of the patient. This process started in 1967 and you are going to find it more in use of children.
This is followed by a homograft where the valve is taken from the donor itself. This works all the more wonders for pregnant women as there would be no form of therapy needed. The only drawback is that the valve process depends upon the donors. So it works out to be limited in nature.
Let us now understand how the preparation phase of the surgery is going to take place
- The physician is going to undertake a detailed medical examination in order to cross-check the fact that you are able to withstand the surgery
- Most often than not you are going to be asked to fast for 9 hours before the surgery is about to take place
- In case if you happen to be pregnant or the chances are there then you need to inform your surgeon
- If you are into a pacemaker you need to inform your surgeon as well
- Do discuss with your surgeon any herbal supplements or over the counter medicines if you are into them
- Do inform the surgeon if you are into any form of blood thinning medicines or blood thinning medicines. The reason being that it could lead to blood clots before the surgery. The chances are that you may need to stop some of them before the surgery is about to take place.