Though Ajmer is a historic city of Rajasthan and houses the world famous Dargah Sharif and pilgrimage centres of Hindus, the city is now well-bestowed with different modern virtues. Have you ever thought where does the new generation of Ajmer go for a hangout? People from all over the world visit Ajmer and explore its attractions, but Ajmer does possess some old and new cinema halls. With the influx of multiplex and malls, Ajmer cinema has undergone a huge transformation.
New Majestic Talkies was the oldest cinema hall in Rajasthan. It was started in 1929 and closed in February 2015. It is known that this talkie brought many films first to Ajmer, Bobby, Sholay, Mera Gaon Mera Desh and many more. Through the past 86 years, Majestic Talkies was the only hero of entertainment in Ajmer city. But now different halls are the show runners.
Here is the list of 5 Ajmer cinema hall which run houseful shows:
1) Glitz Cine World: One of the popular cinema halls in Ajmer, Glitz Cinema is the show stopper. Pamper yourself while watching the latest Hollywood and Bollywood movies. With 50 feet wide screen, plus size sofa sitting arrangements, Dolby digital sound quality, Glitz is one of the best places to enjoy movies with your family and friends. Located near Mittal Hospital, Pushkar Road, Glitz runs houseful shows.
2) Maya Mandir Cinema: Maya Mandir Cinema is a popular multiplex. It is located on Jaipur Road and it is a crowd puller. Maya Mandir screens the latest Bollywood movies. The long lines in front of the hall say it all. You can also buy tickets online.
3) Miraj Cinema: With a fabulous location near the Anasagar Lake, Miraj Cinema is new on the competition. The wonderful cine mall and the complex is a great place to hangout. With food courts and other attractions, Miraj Cinema experiences a good crowd on Hindi movie release.
4) Mridang Cinema: Mridang Cinema near Arya Nagar is a good place to watch movies. The moderate ticket price of Mridang Cinema is a plus point.
5) Inox: Like other parts of the country, City Square Mall houses the very popular Inox in Ajmer. Near to Rajeev circle, City Square Mall is a hotspot for the teenagers. Inox is the added attraction of the mall. Inox is always a good option for the movie lovers.
Well, Ajmer is very beautiful and it is a prominent place in Indian tourism. Slowly and steadily the city is growing and besides, the folk and Rajasthani traditional culture, the multiplex and mall is also gaining popularity. Teenagers and young adults are showing more interest towards multiplex. It seems they are enjoying and wishing for more such multiplex in their city. However, besides this development in the spheres of entertainment Ajmer still beholds its old essence. You can take the Ajmer to Delhi train for more tourist attractions to explore.
Dimpy Roy is a travel writer working with an Online Travel Guide. She guides travelers to various Ajmer Cinema halls for their entertainment.