Admission to undergraduate engineering and architecture programs in reputed Indian institutes such as IITs, NITS, CFTIs and other participating institutes are offered on the basis of The Joint Engineering Entrance Examination. The examination is conducted in 2 stages i.e. Stage 1- JEE Main & Stage 2- JEE Advance. JEE Advance is the second stage for admission to IITs and only top 2 lakh students from Stage 1 will appear in the Stage 2 of the examination.
Every year more than 13 lakh candidates appear in JEE Mains for admission into 32 National Institute of Technology (NITs), 18 Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) along with other participating institutions. Stage 1 examination is for both Engineering as well as Architecture Aspirants. For the year 2016, the schedule of the examination has been announced and the applications will be accepted till December 31, 2015.
The entrance examination for the year 2016 will be conducted in 2 modes i.e. Pen & Paper as well as Computer based. Pen & Paper based exam will be conducted on April 3, 2016 while the computer based examination will be on April 9-10, 2016. Candidates willing to get admission in in B.E./B.Arch. courses can opt for any of the given modes but B.Arch/B.Planning students will appear in Pen & Paper based examination only.
States like Gujarat, Maharashtra, Odisha, Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana and Uttarakhand will not conduct State level entrance examination and will accept JEE Main 2016 score for filling the state Engineering college seats. In this article we will discuss details related to Joint Engineering Entrance Examination such as eligibility, application process etc.:
- Eligibility:Tobe eligible for admission to engineering/architecture courses through JEE examination, candidates should full fill the following eligibility conditions:
- Age: The candidate should be born after October 1, 1991 and in case candidates belonging to reserved categories, the date of birth needs to be after October 1, 1986.
- Academic Qualification: The candidates should have appeared or cleared class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board or University.
- Year of appearing in qualifying exam: The students should have cleared the qualifying examination in the year 2014 or 2015 to be eligible to appear in JEE examination.
- The students appearing in the qualifying examination in the present academic year are also eligible.
- Number of Attempts:The candidates can appear in The Joint Engineering Entrance Examination maximum three times.
- Application Process: The candidates are required to make online application to appear in the examination as there is no offline application process.
- Result: The result of JEE Main examination will be made available for all the candidates who appeared in the examination by April 27, 2016.
- Merit List:merit list for admission in selected institutes will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by candidate in Mains examination and marks obtained in class 12 examinations.
- 60% weightage will be given to JEE Main score and 40% weightage will be given to marks obtained by candidates in Class 12.
For the details related to JEE Main Examination and related engineering entrance examination, visit www.Motachashma.com