Day by day new technology is coming in the market, and we have to keep pace with this high tech life so that we can keep updating ourselves. Nobody accepts you if you are not tech savvy. There have been a lots of ways of communication since ages but new inventions have always taken over the other. If recalled, Graham Bell was the first person to give a mode of communication so that everyone can interact and share information. The process of communication has made things come together. The world has become globalized and it has become quite easy to transfer message from one place to another.
VoIP also called as internet telephony has made its existence in this fast growing world. Its acceptance is increasing day by day. It is considered to be one of the best way of communicating and transferring information from one person to the other. It is quite reliable and undoubtedly accepted for various processes of communication, especially for business purpose. This technology is meant for telecommunication, it helps in providing, reliable and quality calling. A simple Internet Protocol is used to make this technique work. This technique is so unique that the calling is done through internet and it doesn’t cost much like other networks where one has to pay per second for each call made.
Voice over Internet Protocol
The short form for VoIP is Voice over Internet Protocol. It is very easy to send messages, share information and even send multimedia messages. This system works on a technique, where the work is completely dependent on the internet. The simple way to connect is by plug it into the LAN Port and it easily connect itself and further calls can be made. There are a number of advantages for porting number to VoIP network like it has a lot of features over other networks, quite flexible, reliable and cost effective. The usage of this network is very efficient, it is completely portable and can easily be taken from one place to another. The process of video conferencing becomes quite easy and effective. People have witnessed and supported this technique with open mind.
Internet has become quite indispensable part for business processes. There are lot of companies who are opting for this method of communication as it comes with a lot of benefits. It can be used anywhere and at any point of time. It will help in developing the productivity.
Pros and Cons of VoIP
- It is portable and can easily be accessed from anywhere.
- It provides features like Call Waiting, Caller Id within the service rate, no extra charges are taken.
- It is cost effective and reliable to be used. It is simple and easy to upgrade.
- Limitless free calls can be made within the surrounding geographical area.
- Can have easy access to VoIP as you can use it through your email id.
- It makes video conferencing process easier and effective.
- Limited access during the time of no internet service.
- During power cuts the VoIP phones are of no use, they may prove to be useless at that moment.
- It is difficult to find your location and send you help when it comes to VoIP Phone Numbers.
- It’s almost difficult to change your network, once you port into VoIP network.
- People still hesitate to port to this network without complete information.