In today’s competitive business environment, organizations are relying on effective ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) products and solutions for gaining a competitive edge over others. Microsoft (MS) Dynamics offers best-in-class CRM and ERP products to enable business organizations to optimize their performance through improved efficiency of their processes and functions. This has resulted in increasing popularity of Microsoft (MS) Dynamics Certifications and training programs.
Those who are interested in pursuing Microsoft Dynamics certification training may face an array of options to choose from. This could be rather confusing. This post brings you some of the best suited certification programs that you may want to consider.
You have two major options when it comes to becoming a certified in MS Dynamics products. Those two options are Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) and Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP).
- MCTS – This certification is feature oriented. In other words, earning this certification will validate your ability and competence in using specific MS Dynamics products with respect to the various features and capabilities offered by these products.
So, if your career goal is to help your organization in leveraging MS Dynamics products in an optimal manner, this certification would be best suited for you.
- MCITP – MCITP certifications are meant for you if your career goal is to master MS Dynamics products and become an IT pro in the chosen area. MCITP credential requires you to pass multiple exams in order to establish your expertise. You will be required to pass either one or two core exams plus an additional two to three elective exams depending on the certification that you aim to achieve.
You can choose to become an MCITP in Applications, Development, Installation & Configuration or multiple tracks.
Once you have decided on the level/nature of certification, the next step would be to choose the area of certification. There are two broad categories to earn the above mentioned certifications in MS Dynamics products – ERP and CRM. Reputed Microsoft training partners offer Microsoft (MS) Dynamics certification training programs to interested candidates to help them pass these certification exams.
MCTS Certifications in MS Dynamics CRM
You have the following certifications in this category:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Applications
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization & Configuration
- Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Installation & Deployment
MCITP Certifications in MS Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Applications for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Developer for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Installation and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
In case of ERP, the certifications are offered for separate ERP products, each focusing on a specific aspect of ERP. Here are few options you may consider:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX – This ERP product is designed to help medium and large organizations to operate in multiple locations across the world. Certifications in this area are very popular.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV – This ERP solution provides industry specific business management capabilities such as supply chain management, finance, manufacturing, etc. Certification in this area is also hugely valued by organizations.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP – This ERP product is designed to provide insight into individual business components such as human resource management, etc.
- Microsoft Dynamics RMS – This is a retail store management solution. If you have interest in sales, customers and inventory, this area could be an ideal choice.
So, it is important to first identify your area of interest among different Microsoft Dynamics products and then go for the desired level of certification.