If you are planning to install a new Business Phone System for your office, this article will help you in determining the cost for the IP PBX System. PBX System price not only depends on the structure but also there are many other components that are fixed in alliance to the formation. Let’s understand what are the major parts needed for the installation of business phone system and how much does it costs?
Following components are needed for installation of PBX system:
- Network service
- Telephone stations
- Installation and training
- Control unit or IP-PBX server licensing
The price of every part of the phone system depends on the manufacturer company and the production country. The cost also depends on the number of employee that are needed to be attached plus the features you demand from the provider. The cost is calculated on the basis of phone system that is installed.
Below is the thorough description of the cost per component.
- Wiring – Every phone and computer will be connected with the main control system. An approximation of 500$ will be spent on wiring for the entire campus. A pair of Cat5e wire cost $190. If you have an old connection, you can reuse the existing wire.
- Network Services: The latest technology provides both telephone and internet services. If you are provided with digital services, a PRI with 23 lines will cost $450 per month. If you have a mid-sized business, an approximation of $600 will be spent.
- Telephone Stations: A digital phone system and an IP phone system costs nearly $200 and $350 respectively. If you desire for a conference phone, then add $650 for a standard conference room.
- Installation: Installing a system means placing the phones at their location, programming the control unit and application plus labeling the telephone. The user and administrator are needed to be trained to use the system correctly. This becomes an extra cost for the User. VoIP and Unified Communication systems are complex and require a trained professional expert. For this you need to pay extra charges.
- Control Unit: A business phone system commonly comprises of two major equipment including the server and cabinet.
A server based IP-PBX system with IP phones, desktop interface licensing and station costs,
- 20 phones – $6000
- 40 phones – $12,900
- 50+ phones – $325 per phone.
While, a small or digital IP-PBX system excluding a sever and with basic unified messaging features and voice mail costs,
- 5 phones – $1500
- 15 phones – $1800
- 35 phones – $7000
- 75+ phones – $11,000.
Always hire trained and experienced experts while you install the PBX system. Some IT companies charge on hourly basis which can cost you much if you are provided with nascent worker. Consult a telecom expert or a person who has already installed business phone system in his premise, which can help you while dealing with your provider. Having a PBX system installed in the company is a necessity for every business, these days.