Ever sat next to someone with bad breath? You most probably have and if that is the case then you know how uncomfortable that made you feel. Now for an even worse scenario, imagine that you are the guy with the bad breath and are speaking to a closed group of people without much room between all of you. If you are aware of you are not aware of your bad breath, then you will not only make everyone irritated and embarrassed on your behalf, you might also annoy some of them. If you know that your breath is foul, you will probably be the most embarrassed of the lot. Fortunately, there is a very simple way through which you can test whether or not you have bad breath. Simply breathe into a slightly open fist on either of your hands and then bring the fist close to your nose before opening the fist all the way. If you have bad breath, you should smell it in the air that comes out of your fist. Thismethod is not fool proof though and sometimes, you may not detect the foul smell yourself although other people still will.
Treatment for bad breath can be as simple as brushing your teeth or taking a breath mint or may be complex and require clinical examination. Children dentistry Avondale AZ is one of the best to go for this kind of treatment if you are looking for long lasting results and you can find more information about us on www.pvpd.com.
The right treatment for any particular case of bad breath (also known as halitosis) will depend entirely on the factors that are responsible for causing the bad breath. Below is a list of 5 simple, yet very effective, treatments for bad breath in both adults and children;
- Brush your teeth thoroughly; one of the leading causes of bad breath is food remains and food particles that are allowed to stay and rot in the mouth. The rotting food produces the bad smell. Brushing the teeth gets rid of any food particles / remains without giving them any time to rot. This is why it is advisable to brush your teeth every morning and after every meal. In addition, most tooth pastes contain breath freshening chemicals that kill bacteria and give you a very fresh breath.
- Flossing the teeth regularly; you should try to floss your teeth at least twice every day. Flossing is not a substitute for brushing but rather a compliment of the same. Only flossing can get rid of small food particles hidden deep in the spaces between the teeth where the bristles of the tooth brush are not able to reach.
- Using breath mints; for simple cause of bad breath such as being silent for a long time, a breath mint can drive away all of the bad breath. In fact, a powerful breath mint can drive away even the strongest of bad breaths. Unfortunately, since the breath mints do not address the factors that are causing the bad breath, their effect is short lived and the bad breath may return once more after the breath mint wears off.
- Choose your food carefully; some foods have naturally unpleasant smells and cause bad breath whenever they are eaten. Examples of such foods are raw onions and garlic. You should try to avoid such foods or brush your teeth immediately after you eat any of them. Fortunately, the bad breath that is caused by such foods usually fades off on its own after a while.
- Treat mouth diseases; some mouth diseases such as gingivitis are usually accompanied by bad breath and the only way to deal with this kind of bad breath is by treating the disease that is causing it.