Earlier children studied in Childcare centres before taking admission in big schools. In these centres, children would be engaged by taking part in various playful activities. At present, a number of kindergartens have emerged, where children gain a lot of knowledge to prepare themselves for studies in proper school.
Many preschools are organized to work under childcare programs. The place acts as a transition period between home and proper school environment. In short, it is the first place where your child starts her/his academic year.
Features of Kindergartens:
- They are exposed to basic learning like alphabets, numbers, colours and shapes.
- More importantly, they are able to socialize with other kids. They are taught to do group projects, which help to mingle with other students easily.
- Leaving the comfort zone of home environment they learn to adjust to live in outer world conveniently.
- Your kids reading skills develop and this helps in the learning process.
- They learn to speak in public by reciting poems and stories.
- Basic mathematics concepts are taught to children. They learn number patterns. They learn to identify geometrical shapes.
- They learn to measure and tell time.
All the studies are taught in playful way, which makes the subjects more interesting. In some states, the kindergarten curriculum includes social studies subject too. They are given general information about history and geography of their country. It is where children learn to respect others, do simple tasks by themselves and are able to build their confidence level. They learn to share and follow the instructions given by the teacher. In few kindergartens, children are exposed to computers, which bring them in touch with the technology.
Learning in kindergarten helps in building relationships away from home. The trainers include games and storytelling to keep the children active. They learn dancing, acting singing along with other activities. This helps in encouraging spontaneity and makes them physically fit. They are taught art, which helps them to have imagination power.
While choosing the best preschool learning in Singapore, you have to consider many things. It is quite essential to select the best and proper one to start your child’s basic academic session.
- Use of internet: By searching through educational sites, you come to know about the best reliable kindergarten in your locality. The reviews and posts of parents will surely help you to know more about the school. You can even ask the parents directly whose kids are attending kindergarten.
- Search near your home: A nursery school situated far away may be a burden for your child and even sometimes for parents themselves. Less travel time will benefit a lot.
- Feel the environment: Most of the schools before enrolment take parents and child for a guided tour on the school premises. Thus, you are able to judge whether it will be best for your child’s needs. Enrol your child in the school where they believe in performing many activities.
- Minimum students: Find a school, which has minimum students in class. The teacher may be unable to pay attention to each child if the number is large.